WW2 Luftwaffe Battle of Britain Junkers Ju 87 Stuka dive bomber
The Junkers Ju 87 Stuka was an all-metal, gull winged, WW2 German Luftwaffe dive bomber ("Sturzkampfflugzeug") designed by Hermann Pohlmann in the early 1930's, a total of approximately 6,500 were produced during WW2.
The Luftwaffe "Battle of Britain" Junkers Ju 87 Stuka dive bomber Specifications:
Crew: Pilot and radio operator/rear gunner
Length: 11.00 m (36 ft 1.07 in)
Wingspan: 13.8 m (45 ft 3.30 in)
Height: 4.23 m (13 ft 10.53 in)
Empty weight: 3,205 kg (7,086 lb)
Loaded weight: 4,320 kg (9,524 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 5,000 kg (11,023 lb)
Engine: Single 1184 hp (883 kW) Junkers Jumo 211D inverted-V12 liquid-cooled engine
Maximum dive speed: 600 km/h (373 mph)
Maximum flight speed: 390 km/h @ 4,400 m (242 mph @ 13,410 ft)
Range: 500 km (311 mi) with 500 kg (1,102 lb) bomb load
Service ceiling: 8,200 m (26,903 ft) with 500 kg (1,102 lb) bomb load
- Who were known as "the few" in the Battle of Britain?
- How Long did the Battle of France last for and how did it end?
- When was the Battle of Britain and how long did it last for?
- What was "Chain Home" and why did it help win the Battle of Britain?
- What RAF fighters fought in The Battle of Britain and how good were they?
- What Luftwaffe fighters and bombers took part in the Battle of Britain?
- Who were the famous fighter aces of the battle of Britain?
- What did a fighter pilot wear into battle in WW2 and the battle of Britain?
- How many aircraft were lost in the Battle of Britain by the RAF?
- How many Luftwaffe Fighters and Bombers were lost in the Battle of Britain?
- How many RAF pilots and aircrew lost there lives in the Battle of Britain?
- How many Luftwaffe aircrew and pilots were lost in the Battle of Britain?
- Which cities were specifically targeted in the Blitz in the the Battle of Britain?